Saturday, April 19, 2014

To Trudge......

To trudge..."The slow, weary, depressing yet determined walk of a man/woman, who has nothing left in life except the impulse to soldier on."


I have posted our lasted daily updates, I know they are not as insightful as the beginning, but I just haven't had the energy of late to write as much at the end of the day.  So we have made it to The NOC/Nantahala Outdoor Center and I have some time and energy, so here are some thoughts.

1. This shit sucks, but is awesome at the same time.  Mom and I are hurting, not in an injured manner, but in a we just walked 137.3 miles carrying a 36 lb backpack manner.

2. What works is right. Out here you have to be able to put out of you how everything is "supposed" to be done.  What works for you in your situation is the right way to do it.

3. I haven't hurt like this since airborne school, its a good, I just got my ass smoked hurt.  I experienced more pain when I was medevac'd but we aren't experiencing pain, we are just hurting.

That is all for now.  Miss you all. Thanks to everyone who is supporting us and keeping us moving north.


No comments:

Post a Comment